A 14-year-old has been charged after a suspicious fire started at a Dunfermline school.
More than 80 firefighters have been tackling the fire at Woodmill High School, after being called out just after 5pm on Sunday.
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said 15 appliances were sent to the scene and called it a “very large and complex incident”.
No injuries have been reported.
Police said the boy would appear in court tomorrow and that firefighters were continuing to fight the blaze.
They did not specify what he had been charged with but said he was arrested after inquiries by Dunfermline CID.
Pictures show one of the school buildings reduced to a charred shell.
More from UK British Asian footballer Yan Dhanda: Racist abuse drives me on even more Teenager stabbed to death in east London Teenager dies of suspected drug overdose after nightclub collapse Jeremy Corbyn: No-deal Brexit is really a Trump-deal Brexit Labour ‘failing on digital rights’, say campaigners UK weather: New record set as Britons bask in scorching bank holiday heat
Shelagh McLean, head of education at Fife Council, told The Scotsman that the fire was “devastating news for staff, pupils and the school community”.
She added: “We are all really shocked and upset to hear that there has been a significant fire at Woodmill High School. Thankfully no one is hurt.”
The school is going to remain closed until the damage can be fully assessed, and pupils have been told to stay home and await further updates.
Autumn term begins earlier in Scotland than it does in England and Wales, and the new academic year started last Monday.
SOURCE : https://news.sky.com/story/boy-14-charged-over-suspicious-fire-at-dunfermline-school-11794603